01/09/2013 – 08/09/2013
|No. of Nights:||
From £945 per adult B&B
One of the best kept secrets in France. An incredibly popular destination for the French. It has all the attractions of neighbouring Annecy but is still largely undiscovered. Sitting alongside Lac Bourget and overlooked by the Mont Revard Escarpment, the town of Aix is a traditional SPA town, with several stylish thermal baths, lovely old neo-classical architecture and french boutiques, the very Grand Casino, a great place to stroll around and stop for a coffee.
Where you will be staying?
Aquakub Brand New 3* Hotel with Spa
A brand new Best Western 3* hotel ideally situated for your evening stroll along the shores of Lake Bourget (Aix Les Bains). This very comfortable hotel has a number of special surprises; the rooftop 'Kubix' restaurant has a stunning panoramic view down to the end of the lake – a great place to watch the sun setting over the mountains and it has its own indoor pool, sauna, jacuzzi and a the Aquaforme SPA offers a full range of Spa and beauty treatments for the ultimate pampered feeling. It also has a fully equipped gym. All the rooms are air-conditioned with: flat screen televisions, Satellite TV, free WiFi, and a mini-bar.
The hotel is just a short walk to the Nautique Centre for sunbathing, swimming and those lovely summer picnics (weeks pass included) and close to the centre of Aix-Les-Bains. it is also just a short walk to a bowling centre, cinema, watersports centre and lots more activities in the area, making it suitable for families and couples alike.
For more information on room options, board and prices:
- Visit our What's Included Tab
For more information on the Aquakub Hotel:
- Visit the Aquakub Hotel website - www.aquakub.com
For more information on the Nautique Centre:
- Visit the Aix-Les-Bains website - www.aixlesbains.fr
What Cycling will you do?
A fully guided and supported itinerary of Tour de France climbs:
- The legend of the Tour de France the Télégraphe-Galibier
- One of 2012’s Tour finishes La Toussuire
- Time yourself up the 1989 time trial course of Mont Revard
- No 'Tour' is complete without summiting the Madeleine
- Col du Granier used in the 1989 World Road Championships
What is there to see in the area?
- Take a stroll along the shores of Lac Bourget
- Visit the impressive Hautecombe Abbey
- Take the children to the Nautique centre with water slides, pools and beaches
- Pamper yourself in one of the 2 elegant SPA baths
- View some of Rodin, Degas and Cézanne’s work at the museum Faure
- Indulge in some local wine tasting
- For the more active take a boat out on the water or go for a walk in National Park
- Forest adventure park for children
- Take to the water from one of the local watersports centres