01/09/2013 – 08/09/2013
|No. of Nights:||
Geneva Airport, Chambery Train Station or Self Drive
From £935 per adult B&B
One of the best kept secrets in France. An incredibly popular destination for the French. It has all the attractions of neighbouring Annecy but is still largely undiscovered. Sitting alongside Lac Bourget and overlooked by the Mont Revard Escarpment, the town of Aix is a traditional SPA town, with several stylish thermal baths, lovely old neo-classical architecture and french boutiques, the very Grand Casino, a great place to stroll around and stop for a coffee.
Where you will be staying?
Les Saint Pères - Luxury 4* Boutique Mansion
From the moment you arrive here, you can’t help but relax. Imagine having your evening meal above the beautiful medieval town of Chambery with an amazing view of Lake Bourget from the dining terrace. This is what you’ll experience if you stay at this family run, idyllically located bourgeois 18th Century Mansion.
This boutique hotel is tastefully decorated, successfully combining traditional and contemporary styles. With only 9 rooms and suites, with 9 different ambiances you get a real feel of intimacy and discrete luxury; 18th and 19th century furniture, large rooms under the beams with four-poster beds and warm rugs, blue lagoon pool, French-style park, traditional restaurant, and staff who are attentive to your every need. A stunning retreat.
For more information on room options, board and prices:
- Visit our What's Included Tab
For more information on the Les Saint Peres:
What Cycling will you do?
A fully guided and supported itinerary of Tour de France climbs:
- The legend of the Tour de France the Télégraphe-Galibier
- One of 2012’s Tour finishes La Toussuire
- Time yourself up the 1989 time trial course of Mont Revard
- No 'Tour' is complete without summiting the Madeleine
- Col du Granier used in the 1989 World Road Championships
What is there to see in the area?
- Take a stroll along the shores of Lac Bourget
- Visit the impressive Hautecombe Abbey
- Pamper yourself in one of the 2 elegant SPA baths
- View some of Rodin, Degas and Cézanne’s work at the museum Faure
- Indulge in some local wine tasting
- For the more active take a boat out on the water or go for a walk in National Park