27/07/2013 – 03/08/2013
17/08/2013 – 24/08/2013
|No. of Nights:||
Geneva Airport, Annecy Train Station or Self Drive
From £895 Cyclist, £695 Non-Cyclist Half Board
Unsurprisingly, Lake Annecy, known as little Venice, is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the Alps; the stunning clear waters of the lake surrounded by majestic mountain scenery and the quaint cobbled streets, intersected by the narrow canals and bridges of historic Annecy. A great place to absorb the french culture, sitting in a waterside cafe or take a gondola to see the town from another perspective.
Where you will be staying?
Hotel des Grillons - Luxury 3* Hotel
Recently refurbished family run Alpine Hotel with its own stunning pool and outdoor Jacuzzi in a super location very close to the exclusive resort of Tailloires. Only a 2-3mins (200m) walk to the beach and shores of the lake or sunbathe by the hotel’s lovely pool. The reviews on TripAdvisor have ranked this hotel as the Number One hotel in the area, for it's location, quality of food and friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and owners. It has also just won the Travellers Choice Award 2012 for Best Service.
All rooms are charmingly decorated with Satellite TV and Free WiFi. A sumptuous 4 course meal awaits you in the evening to round off a perfect day. A proper taste of French culture and cuisine conducive to a relaxing holiday.
This hotel only offers Half Board. For more information on room options, and prices:
- Visit our What's Included Tab
For more information on the Hotel des Grillons:
- Visit the Hotel des Grillons website -
This hotel is located very close to the lake and a watersports centre, as well as being close to the Forest adventure park and lots of other acitivities, so this hotel is suited to both families and couples alike.
What Cycling will you do?
A fully guided and supported itinerary of Tour de France climbs:
- Semnoz & Mont Revard both in this year's Tour
- The popular Col des Saises
- The wildness of the Col de la Colombière
- The pretty 'Alpine' climb of the Col de la Croix Fry
- Amazing views from the Forclaz
What is there to see in the area?
- Stroll around the ancient cobbled streets of Annecy
- Take a Gondola ride through the town
- Forest adventure park for the children
- Explore the fairy tale Menthon Saint Bernard Castle
- Walk along the impressive platformed Fier Gorge
- Explore the Lake by Segway
- Take a sunset cruise on the lake
- For the more active try windsurfing or paragliding
- Watersports centre close by