27/07/2013 – 03/08/2013
17/08/2013 – 24/08/2013
|No. of Nights:||
Geneva Airport, Annecy Train Station or Self Drive
From £955 Cyclist, £755 Non-Cyclist B&B
Unsurprisingly, Lake Annecy, known as little Venice, is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the Alps; the stunning clear waters of the lake surrounded by majestic mountain scenery and the quaint cobbled streets, intersected by the narrow canals and bridges of historic Annecy. A great place to absorb the french culture, sitting in a waterside cafe or take a gondola to see the town from another perspective.
Where you will be staying?
Palace de Menthon - Luxury 3* 1900's Palace
What an amazing find! Staying at the imposing Palace de Menthon, gives you a feeling of grandeur and elegance. Wake right on the shores of the lake with magnificent views across to the main town of Annecy.
Built in the early 1900's, this palace was originally built as a hotel and has been carefully and luxuriously refurbished recently with hints of the decadent colours of the early 20th Century Last year the hotel added an impressive health and fitness centre overlooking the lake. All rooms have modern amenities; Plasma TV's, Satellite Channels, Mini Bar and WiFi.
Take a stroll through the beautiful landscaped gardens or a gentle swim in the pool or crystal clear waters of the lake and round off your day watching the sun set over the mountains from the panoramic Le Viu restaurant. An experience to remember.
For more information on room options, board and prices:
- Visit our What's Included Tab
For more information on the Palace de Menthon:
- Visit the Palace de Menthon website - www.palacedementhon.com
What Cycling will you do?
A fully guided and supported itinerary of Tour de France climbs:
- Semnoz & Mont Revard both in this year's Tour
- The popular Col des Saises
- The wildness of the Col de la Colombiere
- The pretty 'Alpine' climb of the Col de la Croix Fry
- Amazing views from the Forclaz
What is there to see in the area?
- Stroll around the ancient cobbled streets of Annecy
- Take a Gondola ride through the town
- Explore the fairy tale Menthon Saint Bernard Castle
- Walk along the impressive platformed Fier Gorge
- Explore the Lake by segway
- Take a sunset cruise on the lake
- For the more active try windsurfing or paragliding
- Forest adventure park for the children