Whole of the Alps
20/07/2013 – 27/07/2013
|No. of Nights:||
Nice (pick up)
Geneva (drop off)
£1145 per person
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY?
Probably the most famous recognised six day randonee in the World. The official route starts in Antibes on the Mediterranean coast, a stone's throw away from Nice and finishes in Thonon Les Bains on the shores of Lake Geneva. This was the original route designed by the Thonon Les Bains Cycle Club who set us these popular RAID routes. As such it is seen as the real connoisseurs version of this popular RAID.
Over six days you will cover approx. 480 miles and 17,000m+ of climbing, taking in some of the giant climbs of the Tour de France, including the highest pass in Europe and the second highest pass in France.
If you have ridden the RAID Alpine North to South, you'll be amazed that the climbs throw up very different challenges in the opposite direction and the scenery and views are also completely different.
In total there are six passes over 2000m and 31 cols on the route. A medal fitting of the challenge is available for all those who complete the RAID within the 6 days. This is a box every cyclist wants to tick.
An epic journey through the Alps, but one that is manageable and does make for a fabulous holiday. The scenery is constantly changing from the gorges of the Mediterranean Alps through the high passes of the rugged southern Alps to the wider open meadows and pine forested climbs in the North. Every day has a different challenge, but you will never tire of the scenery.
Main Climbs of this trip: Bonnette de Restefond, Vars, Izoard, Sestriere, Mont Cenis, Iseran, Cormet de Roselend, Saises, Ramaz
- 30+ cols – 6 over 2000m
- Amazing Gorge de Cian on the climb to Beuil
- Bonnette de Restefond, the highest pass in Europe with spectacular views
- Unusual Casse Deserte and the Coppi-Bobet memorial of the Col d’Izoard
- Col d’Iseran – 2nd highest pass in France
- Stunning lake at the top of the Cormet de Roselend
- Taking a dip in Lake Geneva at the end!
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOU:
- Guides on the road as well as minibus support
- Optional advice on descending, gearing, pacing etc.
- Mainly 3* hotels to help you relax & recover for the next day
- Full itinerary, directions & Garmin files
- Unlimited snacks available through the day
- Luggage in your room on arrival