14/09/2013 – 21/09/2013
11/08/2013 – 18/08/2013
|No. of Nights:||
Pickup: Nice & Drop off: Geneva
£1095 per person
WHAT YOU'LL ENJOY ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY
The Southern Alps have been the scene of many, epic battles. These are the climbs that get written down in the history books and there are plenty in the Southern Alps. This week is about discovering some of those climbs and experiencing the feeling of a stage finish. Unlike most other Classic Cols trips, we won't take you across lots of unknown climbs just to link a route together!
The Southern Alps, with their glacier and snow capped peaks have a beauty all of their own in the summer and because the mountains are usually steep sided (don't worry they do know how to use hair pins effectively here), the views are spectacular.
The route we have devised, starts just outside Nice, with the gorged climbs of the meditterrean Alps and tracks Northwards, taking in the unsual rock formations of the Caste deserte at the top of the Col d'Izoard, interlinking most of the major Tour climbs in the area; Allos, Vars, Galibier & Glandon, finishing with the infamous Alpe d'Huez.
This is about having a holiday, as well those climbs. You get to choose each day, how much you want to do and we'll help tailor your day for you, then time to relax with a beer or glass of wine in the evening with some like-minded friends. Come and join us for a week of fabulous historical Tour climbing.
- The legendary Mont Ventoux
- The infamous 21 hairpins of Alpe d'Huez
- Over 100 years of history with the Tour, the Telegraph-Galibier
- Highest pass in Europe, the Bonnette de Restefond
- The unusual Casse Déserte at the top of the Izoard
- Napoleonic Forts at the top of the climbs
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOU:
- Guides on the road as well as minibus support
- Optional advice on descending, gearing, pacing etc.
- Mainly 3* hotels to help you relax & recover for the next day
- Full itinerary, directions & Garmin files
- Unlimited snacks available through the day
- Luggage in your room on arrival