21/06/2014 – 28/06/2014
26/07/2014 – 02/08/2014
06/09/2014 – 13/09/2014
|No. of Nights:||
£1275 per person
WHAT YOU'LL ENJOY ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY
The final climb in any stage is predominantly the one where the fireworks happen, epic battles, with attack after attack, riders eyeballing each other to look for any chink of weakness. These are the climbs that get written down in the history books. This week is about discovering some of those climbs and experiencing the feeling of a stage finish. Unlike most other Classic Cols trips, we won't take you across lots of unknown climbs just to link a route together!
We have carefully created a route that starts from just outside Geneva and interlinks most of the major Tour stage finish climbs in the Northern Alps. Of course we have included perhaps the most famous of them all, the 21 hairpined climb of Alpe d'Huez. This is the one climb that every cyclist wants to put a tick in the box as achieved. So infamous, the tourist office have now set-up an official timing system for you to record your own time, so if you wish to time yourself, we'll sort this all out for you.
The Northern Alps are particularly pretty in summer, with pine forested climbs, chocolate box chalets and stunning views on every route. This is about having a holiday as well as those climbs and you get to choose each day, how much you want to do and we'll help tailor your day for you, then time to relax with a beer or glass of wine in the evening with some like-minded friends. Come and join us for a week of fabulous historical Tour climbing.
Climbs of this trip: Morzine-Avoraiz, Joux Plane, Colombiere, Aravis, Saisies, Cormet de Roselend, La Plagne, Madeleine, La Toussuire, Croix de Fer, Col d'Ornon, Alpe d'Huez
- Perhaps the most famous climb of all time, Alpe d'huez
- Stunning lake at the top of the Cormet de Roselend
- Aravis, first used in 1911, same as the Galibier
- Challenge of the Colombiere
- Well earn't cake at the top of the Col de la Madeleine
- Last/First climb in the Alps, Morzine-Avoriaz
- Views of the glaciers and South Alps at the top of the Croix de Fer
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOU:
- Guides/Coaches on the road as well as minibus support
- Optional advice on descending, gearing, pacing etc.
- All 3* hotels to help you relax & recover for the next day, some with spa facilities
- Full itinerary, directions & Garmin files
- Unlimited snacks available through the day
- Luggage in your room on arrival