01/06/2013 – 08/06/2013
|No. of Nights:||
£1095 per person
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY?
Is the Etape du Tour or La Marmotte your big sportive focus this year? Having completed several of the Etape du Tour events and La Marmotte, we have found preparation weeks to be invaluable to our enjoyment and success on the big day. It's a chance to check out the route, get some appropriate training in and put the right things in place to be perfectly prepared.
We are running this week's training and preparation 5 weeks prior to the Etape and Marmotte, an optimum time before to get a heavier block of training in, that will improve your performance on the day, whilst allowing enough time to recover sufficiently for the event.
We have combined this training week with our Ride the 3 Alpine stages of the Tour de France holiday as it covers the whole route of the Etape du Tour and a large part of the La Marmotte route, but for people focussing on either of these sportives, we will give you a different focus each day related to getting ready, advice on pacing & gearing specific to the routes, descending, nutrition and mental preparation.
We'll help you get the most out of the Etape or Marmotte.
There will also be the opportunity to ride some other climbs which have featured in the Tour de France many times, in this part of the Alps as part of your training and preparation such as the Col d'Ornon, Col de la Madeleine, Croix Fry.
- Recce the Etape route
- Train effectively on long climbs
- Ride the infamous Alpe d'Huez twice!
- Beautiful chocolate box chalets of the Croix Fry climb
- Celebrate the 100th edition of the Tour de France
- Amazing views from from the top of Annecy Semnoz & Mont Revard
- Experience what it is like to be a Tour rider!
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOU:
- Guides on the road as well as minibus support
- Optional advice on descending, gearing, pacing etc.
- Mainly 3* hotels to help you relax & recover for the next day
- Full itinerary, directions & Garmin files
- Unlimited snacks available through the day
- Luggage in your room on arrival