22/06/2013 – 29/06/2013
|No. of Nights:||
£1095 per person
WHAT YOU'LL ENJOY ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY
Never ridden an alpine climb before or anything similar? Want to get an experience of the Tour de France mountains? This holiday is designed with exactly that in mind. We have helped introduce numerous clients and friends to the wonders of the Alps and know that it can be quite daunting if you haven't ridden these types of climbs before.
Long mountain climbs are a very different style of riding; pacing and gearing are important as well as descending skills, choosing the right clothing and keeping hydrated. We'll help you to get this right with some good practical advice and encouragement whilst out on the road.
We have chosen the routes so that there is enough to challenge you without destroying you! Each day, there will be one main Tour climb with an optional extra climb for those that want to do a bit more and with all Polka Dot Cycling holidays you choose how much you want to do each day and we'll help tailor the day for you. By the end of the week, mountain climbing will be a big tick in the box and be in your blood!
Main Climbs of the trip: Morzine-Avoriaz, Colombiere, Aravis, Saises, Comet de Roselend, La Plagne, Madeleine, Croix de Fer, Alpe d'Huez
Optional Climbs: Joux Plane, Les Arcs, Courchevel, La Toussuire, Croix de Fer
- Stunning lake at the top of the Cormet de Roselend
- Aravis, first used in 1911, same as the Galibier
- Perhaps the most famous climb of all time, Alpe d'huez
- La Plagne, first made famous by Laurent Fignon
- Great Tour climb, the Col de la Madeleine
- Last climb in the Alps, Morzine-Avoriaz
- The battleground of Marco Pantani and Richard Virenque, Courchevel
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOU:
- Guides on the road as well as minibus support
- Optional advice on descending, gearing, pacing etc.
- 3* hotels to help you relax & recover for the next day
- Full itinerary, directions & Garmin files
- Unlimited snacks available through the day
- Luggage in your room on arrival