Whole of the Alps
28/06/2014 – 05/07/2014
06/09/2014 – 13/09/2014
26/07/2014 – 02/08/2014
23/08/2014 – 31/08/2014
12/07/2014 – 19/07/2014
|No. of Nights:||
Geneva Airport (Pickup)
Nice (Drop off)
£1145 per person
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY?
For 2014 New Official Route over the Telegraph-Galibier
28/06/14 - Availability, 06/09/14 - SOLD OUT!
Probably the most famous recognised six day randonée in the World. The official route starts in Thonon Les Bains on the shores of Lake Geneva and finishes in Antibes on the Mediterranean coast, a stone's throw away from Nice. Over six days you will cover approx. 480 miles and 17,000m+ of climbing, taking in some of the giant climbs of the Tour de France, including the highest pass in Europe and the three highest passes in France. For 2014 we are taking the new official route over the Telegraph-Galibier, as recently designed by the official organisers of the RAID Alpine, The Thononnais Cycling Club.
In total there are six passes over 2000m and 31 cols on the route. A medal befitting of the challenge is available for all those who complete the RAID within the 6 days. This is a box every cyclist wants to tick.
An epic journey through the Alps, but one that is manageable and does make for a fabulous holiday. The scenery is constantly changing from the wider open meadows and pine-forested climbs in the North, through the rugged high Alps as you head South to the gorges of the Mediterranean Alps. Every day has a different challenge, but you will never get tired of the scenery.
Main Climbs of this trip: Ramaz, Saises, Cormet de Roselend, Iseran, Telegraph, Galibier, Izoard, Vars, Bonnette de Restefond
- 30+ cols – 6 over 2000m
- Stunning lake at the top of the Cormet de Roselend
- Col de l’Iseran – 2nd highest pass in France
- Famous Tour climb of the Col du Galibier
- Unusual Casse Déserte and the Coppi-Bobet memorial of the Col d’Izoard
- Bonnette de Restefond, the highest pass in Europe with spectacular views
- Amazing descent of the Gorges de Cian
- Dipping your toes in the mediterranean sea!
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOU:
- Guides/Coaches on the road as well as minibus support
- Optional advice on descending, gearing, pacing etc.
- Mainly 3* hotels to help you relax & recover for the next day
- Full itinerary, directions & Garmin files
- Unlimited snacks available through the day
- Luggage in your room on arrival