Whole of the Alps
29/06/2013 – 06/07/2013
03/08/2013 – 11/08/2013
24/08/2013 – 02/09/2013
|No. of Nights:||
Geneva Airport (Pickup)
Nice (Drop off)
£1145 per person
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY?
Probably the most famous recognised six day randonée in the World. The official route starts in Thonon Les Bains on the shores of Lake Geneva and finishes in Antibes on the Mediterranean coast, a stone's throw away from Nice. Over six days you will cover approx. 480 miles and 17,000m+ of climbing, taking in some of the giant climbs of the Tour de France, including the highest pass in Europe and the second highest pass in France.
In total there are six passes over 2000m and 31 cols on the route. A medal befitting of the challenge is available for all those who complete the RAID within the 6 days. This is a box every cyclist wants to tick.
An epic journey through the Alps, but one that is manageable and does make for a fabulous holiday. The scenery is constantly changing from the wider open meadows and pine-forested climbs in the North, through the rugged high Alps as you head South to the gorges of the Mediterranean Alps. Every day has a different challenge, but you will never get tired of the scenery.
Main Climbs of this trip: Ramaz, Saises, Cormet de Roselend, Iseran, Mont Cenis, Sestriere, Izoard, Vars, Bonnette de Restefond
- 30+ cols – 6 over 2000m
- Stunning lake at the top of the Cormet de Roselend
- Col de l’Iseran – 2nd highest pass in France
- Amazing descent down to Susa from the top of Mont Cenis
- Unusual Casse Déserte and the Coppi-Bobet memorial of the Col d’Izoard
- Bonnette de Restefond, the highest pass in Europe with spectacular views
- Dipping your toes in the mediterranean sea!
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOU:
- Guides on the road as well as minibus support
- Optional advice on descending, gearing, pacing etc.
- Mainly 3* hotels to help you relax & recover for the next day
- Full itinerary, directions & Garmin files
- Unlimited snacks available through the day
- Luggage in your room on arrival