01/06/2013 – 08/06/2013
|No. of Nights:||
£1095 per person
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY?
Want to ride and experience what the Tour riders will face in the Alps in 2013? Fancy a new cycling challenge?
This holiday is all about riding the three Alpine stages of the 100th 2013 Tour de France. We recognise that these are tough mountainous stages, so we have designed this holiday so that you will ride half a stage a day to make it more manageable and enjoyable.
Stage 18 - Gap to Alpe d'Huez
Col de Manse, Col d'Ornon & Alpe d'Huez twice!
Stage 19 - Bourg d'Oisans to Le Grand Bornand
Col du Glandon, Col de la Madeleine, Col de la Croix Fry
Stage 20 - Annecy - Annecy Semnoz
Col de Leschaux, Mont Revard, Annecy Semnoz
Following the Alpine stages will take you over some of the classics of the Tour but also allow you to experience the new challenges the riders face. As our holiday is in advance of the Tour passing through these routes, you’ll be able to regard the Tour with a different insight this year.
A great way to celebrate the centenary year of the Tour de France.
- Cycle the 3 Alpine stages in the 2013 Tour
- Celebrate the 100th edition of the Tour de France
- Ride the infamous Alpe d'Huez twice!
- Beautiful chocolate box chalets of the Croix Fry climb
- Amazing views from from the top of Annecy Semnoz
- Experience what it is like to be a Tour rider!
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOU:
- Guides on the road as well as minibus support
- Optional advice on descending, gearing, pacing etc.
- Mainly 3* hotels to help you relax & recover for the next day
- Full itinerary, directions & Garmin files
- Unlimited snacks available through the day
- Luggage in your room on arrival