13/06/2015 – 20/06/2015
11/07/2015 – 18/07/2015
29/08/2015 – 05/09/2015
|No. of Nights:||
Pick Up: Nice
Drop Off: Geneva
£1195 per person
WHAT YOU'LL ENJOY ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY
13/06/2015 - Available 11/07/2015 - Sold Out
29/08/2015 - Available
The Southern Alps have glistening snow caps during the summer and have a unique beauty. The steep sides give way to some spectacular views as hair pin turns wind their way up and down these incredible and legendary rides.
- Ride Mont Ventoux - the “Giant of Provence”
- Climb the Galibier - The most popular 2500 metre plus pass in TDF history
- Experience Alpe D’Huez - The most popular stage finish in TDF history
This particular trip hits all the French Alps highlights you could possibly want in a cycling holiday. In this trip we predominately tour the Southern Alps and cover the routes of some epic climbing battles, the famous rides that have entered the history books.
At Polka Dot Cycling Holidays we know that these trips are not just about the rides, it is about the whole experience and so we make it one of our top priorities to give you charming hotels and wonderful views with a good drink and great company.
Join us on this week that lets you take on the legends!
Main Climbs:- Mont Ventoux, Allos, Vars, Izoard, Lauteret, Galibier, Glandon, Alpe d'Huez
Optional Climbs:- Pra-Loup, Risoul, Sarenne, Les Deux Alpes
- The legendary Mont Ventoux
- The infamous 21 hairpins of Alpe d'Huez
- Over 100 years of history with the Tour, the Galibier
- Amazing views from Risoul
- The unusual Casse Déserte at the top of the Izoard
- Napoleonic Forts at the top of the climbs
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOU:
- Guides/Coaches on the road
- Minibus support vehicles
- Optional advice on descending, gearing, pacing etc.
- Mainly 3* hotels to help you relax & recover for the next day
- Full itinerary, directions & Garmin files
- Unlimited snacks available through the day
- Luggage in your room on arrival