|No. of Nights:||
Pickup: Nice & Drop off: Geneva
£1375 per person
WHAT YOU'LL ENJOY ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY
19/08/14 & 14/09/14 & 21/06/14 - SOLD OUT!
Mont Ventoux & Alpe d'Huez in one week! These two climbs top and tail a week of brilliant cimbs in the Southern Alps. This region has been the scene of many, epic battles. These are the climbs that get written down in the history books and there are plenty in the Southern Alps.
The Southern Alps, with their glacier and snow capped peaks have a beauty all of their own in the summer and because the mountains are usually steep sided (don't worry they do know how to use hair pins effectively here), the views are spectacular.
The route we have devised, starts with the fabled Mont Ventoux and then connects across to the Souther Alps and tracks Northwards, taking in the unsual rock formations of the Casse Deserte at the top of the Col d'Izoard, interlinking most of the major Tour climbs in the area; Allos, Vars, Galibier & Glandon, finishing with the infamous Alpe d'Huez.
This is about having a holiday, as well those climbs. You get to choose each day, how much you want to do and we'll help tailor your day for you, then time to relax with a beer or glass of wine in the evening with some like-minded friends. Come and join us for a week of fabulous historical Tour climbing.
Main Climbs of the trip: Mont Ventoux, Allos, Vars, Izoard, Lauteret, Galibier, Glandon, Alpe d'Huez
Optional Climbs: Pra-Loup, Risoul, Sarenne, Les Deux Alpes
- The legendary Mont Ventoux
- The infamous 21 hairpins of Alpe d'Huez
- Over 100 years of history with the Tour, the Galibier
- Amazing views from Risoul
- The unusual Casse Déserte at the top of the Izoard
- Napoleonic Forts at the top of the climbs
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOU:
- Guides/Coaches on the road as well as minibus support
- Optional advice on descending, gearing, pacing etc.
- Mainly 3* hotels to help you relax & recover for the next day
- Full itinerary, directions & Garmin files
- Unlimited snacks available through the day
- Luggage in your room on arrival