2 places left - 15% Discount Available
7th April 2018
£210 for 6 days
14th April 2018
£290 (NOT available at the Paradores Hotel on Night 6)
no of places:
Following the success of randonnées such as the famous RAID Alpine, Pre-Alpine, Dolomites, Pyrenean and Corsica, Polka Dot are launching a brand new challenge, the RAID Tenerife. Unlike other RAIDs, this one has been principally set-up with the idea of it being an early starter to your randonnées/sportive season.
It’s another significant challenge with 12,000m of climbing in 100 hours, but covering a shorter distance, being deliberately designed so that it’s rideable early season.
Tenerife like Corsica, is a very mountainous island, with the snow-capped Mount Teide rising to 3718m overlooking the whole island, although the roads go to 2330m. The island has seven different vegetation zones, with two additional separate small mountain ranges and even a small rainforest! This makes the scenery very varied and constantly changing.
The route of this RAID is a circuit of the island including the mountain range to the North West, one to the East, as well as taking several routes up Teide. The final day finishes at the Paradores hotel, over looked by Teide and the hotel where all the pro cyclists stay. A fitting finish to this great journey.
Like the other RAIDs, a medal is awarded for all those completing the challenge within 100 hours.
- Only 12 spaces available.
- Mostly 4 and 5 star accommodation, half-board.
- One night at the famous Paradores Hotel
- A brilliant opportunity to get in some late spring training to use as a leg up for the summer challenges.
- Complete a brand new RAID in its second year.
- Receive an official carnet and medal for completing the challenge within 100 hours.
- On-road personal coaching and advice.
- The “Pro” experience includes the best in the business on road support, with a 1:6 guide to rider ratio.
- Our professional service takes care of everything from baggage transfer to dietary requirements and bike mechanics to physical preparation for the day ahead.
- Total Distance: 450km
- Time to complete: 100
- Total Climbing: 12,000m (averages 2400m/day)
DAY 1 Arrival Tenerife South
Day 2 Chayofa - Buenavista
Day 3 Buenavista - Vilaflor
Day 4 Vilaflor - La Laguna
Day 5 La Laguna - Oratava
Day 6 Oratava - Paradores
Day 7Paradores - Chayofa
Day 8 Departure Tenerife South
68 km to 88 km
78 km to 98 km
1650 m to 2020 m
2110 m to 2510 m
Welcome Group Dinner
Presentation Dinner at the Paradores
Farewell Dinner and Drinks
For a more detailed itinerary please download the Trip pdf below...
Included in the Package:
- Accommodation – mainly 4* accommodation in beautiful resorts and towns. We aim to use hotels that are rated “Fabulous” or higher on booking.com. Half Board Basis
- Day/Ride Food - On our trips you eat like the pros! We carry a full range of snacks and energy drinksalong with quiches, baguettes, fruit, cakes, sweets (like the infamous Haribo!), cereal bars, nuts, crisps and more. For most of our clients this means all their food is included.
- Transfers - pickup and drop off to Tenerife South airport. Please note we can arrange trnasfers from Tenreife North for a supplment.
- Full Support - Mechanical support, including inner tubes, tyres, spare wheels etc. and a minibus on hand to ensure you have enough drinks and snack
- Guides - Experienced guides, who have ridden these types of events before and have a vast experience of Tenerife
- A welcome pack including Polka Dot Cycling jersey, Garmin files, printed maps and profiles, plus local information.
- RAID Carnet and Official Medal
- Flights are not included in the holiday, but we are always happy to make recommendations.
- Travel, Medical or Bike Insurance
- Drinks or minibar costs (including beers, soft drinks and coffees).