Only 3 Places Left
13th May 2018
£210 for 6 days
20th May 2018
Normal Price: £1995
As it is now passed the 3 month mark Total Balance is now due
no of places:
Those of you who have already ridden the Raid Alpine, Raid Pyrenean or Raid Dolomites will understand the popular Raid format. This is a pre-written route (by the Parisian Audax club) which completely circumnavigates the island, taking in both coastal and mountainous terrain.The route is over 1000km with just less than 15,000m of climbing and so is a similar challenge to the other Raids in the series.
Corsica is an unspoilt French island set in the Mediterranean Sea above Sardinia. The island is home to just over 300,000 inhabitants and due to its history, has an interesting mix of both French and Italian culture, making it a delightful holiday destination.
The birth place of Napolean Bonaparte, two thirds of the island is covered with mountains, with over 120 peaks above 2000m, the highest being Monte Cinto at 2706m. The riding highlights include the Vergio (1477m), Sorba (1311m), Verde (1289m) and the Bavella (1218m) with many other cols throughout the trip.
As always, full rider support and food are provided and guide to rider ratio and van support. all you need to do is enjoy the trip!
- Only 12 spaces available.
- Ride the official Raid Corsica route.
- Enjoy this stunning, un-spoilt Mediterranean island
- Over 1000km and nearly 15,000m of climbing in six days of riding.
- Ride the Vergio, Sorba, Verde and Bavella passes, amongst many others.
- The “Pro” experience includes the best in the business on road support, with a 1:6 guide to rider ratio.
- Half board accommodation including hearty breakfast and evening meals, plus wine at the table.
- Full ride food and drinks supplied.
- Transfers to and from Bastia airport.
- Total Distance: 1000km
- Total Climbing: 15,000m (averages 2500m/day)
DAY 1 Arrival Bastia
Day 2 Bastia - Calvi
Day 3 Calvi to Calacuccia
Day 4 Calacuccia to Sicche
Day 5 Sicche to Sartene
Day 6 Sartene to Aleria
Day 7 Aleria to Calvi
Day 8 Departure Bastia
For a more detailed itinerary please download the Trip pdf below...
Included in the Package:
- Accommodation – 3* or higher accommodation in beautiful resorts and towns. We aim to use hotels that are rated “Fabulous” or higher on booking.com. Half Board Basis
- Day/Ride Food - On our trips you eat like the pros! We carry a full range of snacks and energy drinksalong with quiches, baguettes, fruit, cakes, sweets (like the infamous Haribo!), cereal bars, nuts, crisps and more. For most of our clients this means all their food is included.
- Transfers - pickup and drop off to Tenerife South airport.
- Full Support - Mechanical support, including inner tubes, tyres, spare wheels etc. and a minibus on hand to ensure you have enough drinks and snack
- Guides - Experienced guides, who have ridden these types of events before and have a vast experience of Tenerife
- A welcome pack including Polka Dot Cycling jersey, Garmin files, printed maps and profiles, plus local information.
- RAID Carnet and Official Medal.
- Flights are not included in the holiday, but we are always happy to make recommendations.
- Travel, Medical or Bike Insurance
- Drinks or minibar costs (including beers, soft drinks and coffees).