2 discounted places on each week left
- 3rd February - 11th February
- 25th February - 4th March
- 10th March - 17th March
Rider Price from £1125
Sale Price from £995
£210 for 6 days
Arrival & departure airport:
As it is now less than 3 months to all the trip start dates full balance is due at Check Out
Total Places per camp:
Have you ever wondered why most of the pro teams come to Tenerife for their training camps? The roads here are perfect for training, great road surfaces and consistent climbs, and the weather in winter is consistently over 20 degrees C and dry.
This is our 6th winter of training camps in Tenerife and our routine has proved extremely popular. There is a choice of routes every day to cater for a wide variety of abilities and you will always be riding with riders of a similar ability to you.
The six days of riding will focus on improving your winter form and help prepare youfor the summerriding ahead. Eachday has a specific goal with a carefully managed workload. Our experienced coaching team will be on hand to talk to you about improving your technique on the bike also, so you make the most of your gain in form.
Our big cycling day will be up the longest climb in Europe, from sea- level to the Teide plateau. This is a box that must be ticked.
After returning to your luxury hotel after each ride day, you will be able to focus on recovering and having a relaxing time, and if you wish, you can attend some seminars which will discuss the techniques of riding and training that will give you the ‘edge’ when you return from the camp.
So, whatever your summer goals, and however experienced you are, you can be certain that you will have a great time, learn something new and gain form during a week on one of these camps.
See what Cycling Weekly have to say about our training camps in this short video.
- 5 star all-inclusive accommodation.
- Only 25 spaces available.
- Tailored routes to suit your fitness level.
- Six days of riding on great roads in great weather.
- Ride the longest continual climb in Europe.
- Seminars available to improve your technique.
- One-to-one sessions available with our coaching team.
- On-road personal coaching and advice.
- The “Pro” experience includes the best in the business on road support, with a 1:6 guide to rider ratio.
- Our professional service takes care of everything from baggage transfer to dietary requirements, and bike mechanics to physical preparation for the day ahead.
- Non-riders are welcome.
What Cycling You'll do
Tenerife is a hilly, volcanic island, although lush with greenery, and so we will be taking advantage of the opportunity to do lots of climbing and descending at your own pace. Mount Teide goes to 3800m and there is a large plateau at 2000m. We will be using the routes to this plateau, and Tiede to give your training some edge.
For the regulars to our training camps, we have completely re-written our routes for this year.
For the Full Itinerary please download the Trip PDF below
- Day 1 "Building Form" - There is a choice of routes as usual today so we can tailor the riding to your winter form. Our main focus for the ride is the new 10km climb from the coast at El Poris, up through the ‘windmills’.El Poris, Abades and San Miguel, 78 km to 105 km, 1770 m to 2350 m.
- Day 2 "San Juan and Masca" - Probably the most popular day of last year’s camps, if you take the extended ride, which goes to the North of the island through the beautiful mountain area around Masca. San Juan, Masca and Santiago, 90 km to 140km, 1800 m to 3550 m.
- Day 3 "Granadilla" - A lighter day is planned today with the hard ride to come tomorrow. We will also film you both climbing and descending to carry out our video analysis in the Seminars later.Granadilla, Fronton and El Roque, 44 km to 100 km, 780 m to 2250 m.
- Day 4 "Mount Teide" - Here we go! New routes for this year. Mount Teide via El Medano 88 km to 144 km, 2500 m to 3500 m.
- Day 5 "Active Recovery Ride" - You have now completed four hard days of training and it is time to recover and let your form build. ‘Pipes’ climb, ‘Belgian’ climb, Arona and San Lorenzo, 32 km to 48 km, 680 m to 1000 m.
- Day 6 "San Miguel" - Stest to see how those legs feel. 43 km, 785 m.
We offer a variety of on the bike practical and evening informal seminars on a selection of training and skills topics:
- Improve your Climbing and Descending Technique - including individual video analysis
- Eat Right, Recover Better
- How to Put Together a Training Programme
- Garmin Introduction
- Stretching and Foam Roller recovery
- Power Data Analysis
- Bike Maintenance and Emergency on the road repairs
- Advanced Descending and Cimbing
One to One Sessions
A great opportunity to sit down with an experienced coach and discuss your goals for the season and how to achieve them. We can schedule One to One Sessions with the coaches to help you improve your form and personalise your training plan, if you wish. We will offer you advice on how to improve and enhance your ability now and also what else you could do to get the most out of your training and from events when you return home.
Hotel Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf 5*
We have secured rooms at a new hotel for 2018 the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf . We are very excited to be using this hotel as it is away from the main tourist areas in the South and lends itself to lots of new routes. It is located in the South near Golf del Sur and opens up the opportunity for non-riding partners who play golf to also join you on one of these weeks or simply relax in the luxurious aurroundings. The all Inclusive hotel offers luxury accommodation with beautiful sea views and is only a 3 min walk to the beach. The hotel has 8 swimming pools, free WiFi, and a fitness centre and mini-spa with Turkish baths for an extra charge.
The resort includes attractive gardens and guests can enjoy easy access to a 800,000 m² nature reserve. There are also tennis and volleyball courts. A free shuttle service to Playa de las Americas runs twice a day from the hotel.
Rooms at the all-inclusive San Blas are spacious and feature contemporary design. Each room has a balcony and hydromassage bath.
Evening meals will be taken in the main buffet restaurant for the first 6 nights. The final farewell dinner will be a group dinner at the al carte restaurant.
This is a beautiful hotel and we are very pleased to be able to offer this for 2018. Alberto Contador has stayed here a few times when training!
Included in the Package:
- ·All transfers including airport pickups and drop‐offs.
- 7 nights at the 5* All Inclusive Sandos San Blas Resort & Golf
- Full on-the-road support, using well-equipped vans to provide quality “ride food & drinks”, mechanical support, and first aid.
- Seminars as listed above, both on an off the bike
- Video Analysis - climbing and descending
- One to one session
- On and off the bike photography by the team, so you can take home those wonderful memories.
- A welcome pack including a Polka Dot Cycling jersey, printed maps and profiles.
- Flights are not included in the holiday, but we are always happy to make recommendations.
- Some branded alcoholic drinks are not included in the 'All INlcusive Package'.
- Travel, Medical or Bike Insurance
- Transfers from Tenerife North although this can be arranged for a supplementary price of